Paradox Interactive is set to release Life by You soon. It turns out that the game is much more demanding than The Sims 4.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Life by You:
OS: Windows 10, 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-8600 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB Memory: 16 GB RAM DirectX 11 Storage: 25 GB available space
And here are the recommended system requirements:
OS: Windows 10/11, 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F or AMD Ryzen 5 5600 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Memory: 16 GB RAM
For comparison, even after raising the system requirements, The Sims 4 still only requires a minimum of 4GB of RAM (with 8GB recommended).
Life by You is set to be released in early access on September 12th, 2023. The game’s Steam page is available through this link.
Game features (from the steam page)
- Play in an open world. Live without loading screens. Strike up real-language conversations. Take a car or a bike and head to the countryside. Find and complete quests for fresh experiences.
- Grow as a creator by making your own in-game content through mods. Use a variety of advanced creator tools. Change up the gameplay whenever you want. Life is in your hands.
- So take control! Drag people to the right places or directly guide them in third-person mode. Live the life of one person or tell the stories of a whole community. Build a career. Fall in love. Create a family.
- Tell stories through conversations. All real-language conversations are generated based on unique circumstances. You can even create your own conversations in-game.
- Design your own world. Build dream homes for your people or create companies from scratch. Furnish their homes from top to bottom and beautify their front yards. Drag, demolish, and rearrange entire cities.
- Create fully customized people. Design your families in the Human Creator, including detailed personalities and character traits. Customize the appearance of people at any time.